BEARD AND MUSTACHE TRANSPLANTATION
Facial hair transplant is a procedure generally done on the men who suffer from spotty or patchy loss of hair from goatee, other parts of the beard, sideburns or moustache. The absence of hair could be hereditary or due to surgical scars, burns or other types of accidents. For some males, keeping a thick beard or moustache is a symbol of manhood and strength, while for others it is mandatory requirement in their religion. Moreover, it is also a fashion statement among many young men.
• The surgery is ideal for men who have spotty or patchy areas in their beards as well as moustaches.
• A densely grown beard does not only hide unwanted facial scars but some men with small or recessed chins like to have beard for enhancing their features.
• The procedure takes 4 to 6 hours to complete and involves harvesting of hairs from the donor site which is normally back of the head as applied in scalp hair transplantation.
• The hair seeds after removal from the donor are carefully placed in the thinning or patchy areas of the beard.
• Due to surplus of permanent hairs in the donor area the transplanted hair always grows.
Adem & Havva Hair Transplantation Center use the same FUE technique what we use in hair transplantation over the scalp. The grafts are extracted from the donor site – back of the scalp. After this, these extracted grafts are transplanted on the patchy bald portions of the beard or mustache. Due to the abundant amount of hair from the donor site, almost all the patches can be covered and treated in a single sitting. So, beard or mustache transplantation usually gives very satisfying results. The transplanted hair grow naturally like other facial hair and can be trimmed or shaved.
The facial hair is transplanted with local anesthesia, and with the local anesthesia there will be no swallowing. Generally someone who doesn’t have any mustache should get around 500-1000 graft transplanted. For the beard it’s between 2000-3500. And for the sideburns it is between 750 – 1500 grafts. After facial hair transplanting it will have a natural look.
3 weeks later, the transplanted facial hair may fall little and that is normal. And the fallen hair will come out again after 4-6 months. And the quality of the transplanted hair will continue to get better for 2 years.
10 days later it should be use a scissor to shorten them or let them go longer. It is better to not shave before 8-9 days. While chewing shouldn’t move head, mouth and face. During the first few days it is preferable to drink liquid and eat soups and smashed food.
For more question and facial hair transplantation pictures request you can contact to Adem & Havva Hair Transplantation Center.